Friday, April 11, 2008

Thankful...

The past few days have been... well, anything but relaxing. Chadwick was gone for 3 nights and 4 days at a youth conference near Chicago. I am so glad that he was given the opportunity to meet up with other youth pastors, hear encouraging speakers and be given direction for his ministry.
I am thankful for this...

While Chadwick was away, my best friend came to stay with me for 2 nights and 3 days. She brought along her 1 1/2 year old son and doggie. Addie and Samuel played beside each other (not really together...), squealed and laughed with each other, danced, played with cars, watched Elmo, fought over cars, took baths, fingerpainted (almost) and just stared at each other. It was so great having a friend here to combat my insane moments. Even though adding another child to the mix, did spice things up a bit... I would not of had it any other way.
I am so thankful for this...

Sophie did a lot of screaming, some sleeping, pooping (totally out of her diapers) and spitting up (all over my pants) during the 4 days Chadwick was gone. She also did a lot of smiling, staring into my eyes and cooing.
I am thankful for this...

The last few hours Addie woke up from her 30 minute nap and cried BIG tears for mommy to not make her take a nap. Mommy broke and let her stay up. Addie, Sophie and I hung out on my bed- Addie watched Aladdin while Sophie watched the ceiling fan. I was hoping Addie would fall asleep, instead she summed up all the energy she had left and we played "airplane", "fall on the bed and laugh" and "mommy is a jungle gym."
I am so thankful for this...

The doorbell rang, Addie cried (she always cries when the doorbell rings!?), I picked up Sophie and we ran to the door (okay more like "tottled") to meet (sigh of relief) dad. Addie warmed up to her daddy real quick (especially when medieval times' crowns and cookies are given...) and Sophie started smiling the instant her daddy started talking to her. Sigh...

I am SO THANKFUL FOR THIS.

2 comments:

WICK said...

I so totally owe you 4 days off....when Sophie's on solids. :) Love u...and am also thankful for all God's given us. :)

Anonymous said...

Our dogs bark and whine every time the doorbell rings, maybe there's a correlation between the responses? I still believe that puppies and toddlers are very similar for the first few years :).